To install Duper, follow these 4 steps:
- Choose the appropriate version (see below) of the setup
Save that file (setup.exe) to a place where you will be able to find it once
it's downloaded -- the Desktop is fine (you'll be deleting it soon anyway).
There are two versions of the setup file:
- If you have Windows XP (or later), or if you have an earlier version of Windows that
MSI engine, download this version of the setup
program. This version is 1.47MB.
- If you a version of Windows that does not have the MSI engine (XP and
will always have the engine), download this
version of the setup
program. It's a hefty 4.84MB.
- If you have no idea whether your version of Windows has the MSI engine --
or if you don't even know what the heck an MSI engine is -- never fear! You can
either download the hefty version, which will install itself on any Windows
system, or (and this is what I would do) you can download the smaller 1.47MB
version and try to run it. If the smaller version stops in its tracks and
a missing MSI file, you'll
know you need the hefty version. Just download that one now and run it, and
everything will be
- Run the setup program by
double-clicking on it. You may get a warning that the file does not have a
valid digital signature that verifies its publisher. Don't worry about that.
Just run the setup program anyway.
- After Duper is installed, you can delete setup.exe --
there is no reason to save it.
- Run Duper from the Start Menu or by double-clicking the Duper icon
on your desktop.
Return to main bridge page.